Period: July 3 – 28, 2017
Development of local training capacity is the most cost-effective approach for building successful and sustainable PPP and public investment programs.
Training of Trainers (ToT) is a stream of the Program on Investment Appraisal and Risk Analysis (PIAR), offered exclusively to professionals who have previously undergone training in investment appraisal.
ToT curriculum covers:
- Advanced lectures on modelling, presentation, and pedagogical skills
- Intensive applied work on the Integrated analysis of a real investment project
The emphasis of ToT is on deepening understanding through personal tutoring, so participants may be confident training and advising on the appraisal of investment projects. Most ToT participants take advantage of the PIAR lectures, however they are not required to attend topics in which they are knowledgeable.
Faculty will work closely with the participants to complete a comprehensive feasibility study, preferably of a current project from their home office. It is recommended (but not necessary) that participants have a project in advance so that faculty can ensure all the required information for the project is available.
Benefits for the participants
- Improved modelling and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and deliver training programs
- Access to a database of resources and lecture notes for in-house education
Benefits for the organization
- Develops management skills for leading investment appraisal teams
- Creates local training capacity
- Is an effective method for completing the feasibility study of prospective projects
Alumni interested in applying for ToT, please select the “Training of Trainers” stream in our regular application form.